The goals of Interdisciplinary Research and Strategic Initiatives (IR & SI) efforts are to:
- Work with faculty and staff to at UC Davis through partnerships with Federal, State and private entities
- Develop relationships with sponsoring agencies
- Facilitate, develop and review interdisciplinary research efforts and multi-user facilities.
- Wherever possible, collaboratively develop mechanisms to alleviate barriers to interdisciplinary research imposed by systemic campus conditions.
Interdisciplinary Research and Strategic Initiatives (IR & SI):
- Interdisciplinary Research Support
Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) coordinates the preparation of major grant proposals for large-scale, interdisciplinary research programs. The team works on grants and contracts that involve multiple schools, colleges, divisions, or institutions to support new research units, programs, or centers at UC Davis that are funded by major extramural research sponsors.
- Interdisciplinary Research Units
The Office of Research supports nine Organized Research Units, six Special Research Programs and five Core Facilities. These units foster research that spans multiple disciplines, departments, and schools/colleges.
- Limited Submission Program
The Limited Submission Program coordinator identifies funding opportunities, hosts information sessions on research programs, and coordinates reviews for those programs to which the University of California, Davis is limited in the number of allotted submissions. The Limited Submissions Program coordinator also serves as the campus liaison for Pivot.
IR & SI is one of three Office of Research areas of emphasis. Others are: