The Science Translation and Innovative Research (STAIR*) Grant program, now in its fourth year, is designed to provide funding to support translational science and innovative research performed by UC Davis researchers. Previous winners by year are shown below.
STAIR Grant 2015-16 (more information the recipients can be found here):
- Gino Cortopassi, Professor, Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine: Small molecule Shc inhibitors to combat pediatric NAFLD and diabetes
- Richard Levenson, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine: Snap-shot spectral camera with applications in bio-medicine, agriculture, manufacturing and remote sensing
- Kai Liu, Professor, Department of Physics, College of Letters & Sciences: Magnetic skyrmions for future nanoelectronics
- Tony Simon, Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Science, School of Medicine: Expanding and evaluating the prototype of a neurotherapeutic video game
STAIR Grant 2014-15 (more information about the recipients can be found here):
- Wenbin Deng, Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine: A Drug Candidate for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
- Richard Levenson, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine: Deep UV Surface Excitation Microscopy (MUSE)
- Tingrui Pan, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering: Wearable Pressure Sensor for the Management of Chronic Venous Disease
- John Voss, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine: A Novel Approach for Early Detection of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Aijun Wang, Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery: A Sutureless Artificial Graft for Arterial Replacement
STAIR Grant 2013-14:
- Dr. Kyria Boundy-Mills, Department of Food Science and Technology: Structure and activities of biosurfactants produced through a renewable, yeast-based, reduced cost process
- Dr. Charles Hunt, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering: Low-Cost, High-Quality Energy-Efficient Light Sources using FEL
- Dr. Mark Mascal, Department of Chemistry: Simple, High-Yield Production of Gasoline and Renewable Polymers from Biomass
- Dr. Jared Shaw, Department of Chemistry: A New Class of Antibiotics for Treating Infections Resistant to Current Therapies
For information about the 2016-17 STAIR Grant program, please click here.
*STAIR is a trademark of The Regents of the University of California.