Limited Submission Information & Instructions
A limited submission program is a funding program in which the sponsor restricts the number of applications or proposals the campus can submit. Generally, these programs allow the campus to submit only one or two proposals for each application cycle.
Limited Submissions programs are internally coordinated in order to ensure that UC Davis sends only the allowable number of proposals. The internal coordination process is a two-step process that begins with the Dean's ranking of all pre-proposals from his or her college/school. Based on these rankings, the Office of Research will select the PI(s) who will submit a full proposal to the sponsor. For questions regarding the OR Limited Submissions process, please contact the Limited Submissions program at 530-754-7738 or email@example.com.
Please note that some programs require alternate or supplementary materials. Any such deviations will be detailed in the specific Limited Submissions program announcement.
Limited Submission Pre-Proposal Budget Template (XLS)
This form may be used for limited submission pre-proposals; alternatively, you may use your own 1 page budget, as long as it contains equivalent information.
- Please read the proposal solicitation and sponsor guidelines carefully to become familiar with the funding opportunity and to determine your eligibility to participate.
- Submit a single PDF (preferred) or MS Word File to Limited Submissions that contains the materials indicated in the pre-proposal requirements. Please include the Limited Submission Program and Title in the subject line of your submission email, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Research Pre-Proposal Requirements
Submit a single PDF (preferred) or MS Word File to Limited Submissions (all materials must be typed in no smaller than 11 point font) that contains the following:
- The Limited Submission cover sheet;
- A two-page (maximum) project description that adequately addresses the program goals and objectives;
- A one-page (maximum) budget that summarizes the total project period and includes whether matching funds will be contributed to the project; and
- A four-page (maximum, each) CV for PI and all Co-PI's, which contains a list of relevant research funding in the past three years and publications and awards in the past five years.
Limited Submissions Response
You will receive an email receipt for your pre-proposal within 2 business days after the internal deadline. If you do not receive this email receipt, please contact us at email@example.com.
Limited submission pre-proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The PI's CV/qualifications in the specific area of research;
- The quality of the project description;
- The relevance or "match" between the proposed project and the program requirements;
- The impact or "importance" of the proposed project; and
- Any other factors relevant and appropriate to the funding program such as cultural competency; public outreach efforts; underrepresented groups/minorities; quality of the evaluation design; the comments from previous submissions to the same program - if applicable - and the current proposal's responsiveness to those comments; the likelihood of success
Contact the Limited Submissions program coordinator, Kassie Obelleiro, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (530) 754-7738.
For additional details on the Limited Submissions process, please click here