Intellectual Property Web Resources
- UC Davis Facts
- UC Davis Experts
UC Davis expert sources by subject, maintained by the News Service
- UC Davis Child Family Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Big Bang! Business Plan Competition
UC Davis Graduate School of Management's competition for innovative business plans.
- Discovery Grant: Industry-University Cooperative Research Program (IUCRP)
Up to $60 million a year in State, Industry, and University funds for new research partnerships.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Awareness Training
This online training resource for University of California students, faculty, and staff as well as all inventors and content creators in academia and beyond is intended to provide a user-friendly overview of the four main categories of IP: patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets.
Cities and Counties: Economic Development
- City of Davis
- City of Sacramento - Economic Development Department
Established in 1977, the Downtown Development Group (DDG) is an arm of the City of Sacramento's Economic Development Department focusing on the redevelopment and revitalization of Downtown Sacramento.
- Sacramento Metro Chamber
- SACTO - Sacramento Area Commerce & Trade Organization
- Solano Economic Development Corporation (Solano EDC)
A public/private partnership which exists to improve the economic climate in Solano County, working with new businesses looking to relocate to the county, as well as encouraging those that are already here to expand locally.
Through advocacy, membership services, programs and more, BayBio brings the world's greatest life science community to your fingertips.
Fostering entrepreneurial growth and attracting capital to the greater Sacramento region.
- Inc. Magazine
Comprehensive array of resources to assist entrepreneurs.
Site provides information on writing plans, samples, and business plan software
- Kauffman Foundation & EntreWorld
Advancing entrepreneurial success in business, education, and social innovation.
- Quick MBA: Entrepreneurship
Quick MBA is an online knowledge resource for business administration.
- The Business Planning Institute
BPI brings a fresh and contemporary approach to business planning that both clients and investors have found to be effective and results oriented.
- Palo Alto Software Business Planning Tools
This site provides sample business plans and links to other website resources
- Springboard Enterprises
Supporting women entrepreneurs as they seek equity capital and grow their companies.
- Sacramento Entrepreneurship Academy (SEA)
For 20 years, SEA has provided a real-world education program for students with entrepreneurial aspirations. The “nuts and bolts” approach is designed to prepare participants for business ownership, help them avoid common pitfalls, and gain confidence in business settings.
- EDGAR Online, Inc.
A provider of value-added business and financial information on global companies to financial, corporate, and advisory professionals.
- Hoover's - A business search engine.
- Discovery Grant: Industry-University Cooperative Research Program (IUCRP)
Up to $60 million a year in State, Industry, and University funds for new research partnerships
- National Venture Capital Association
The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) is a trade association that represents the U.S. venture capital industry. It is a member-based organization, which consists of venture capital firms that manage pools of risk equity capital designated to be invested in high growth companies.
- Angel Legacy
Expert knowledge of Angel Investors and their investment preferences allows us to connect entrepreneurs with accredited investors who want to participate in the development of business ventures.
- Band of Angels
The Band of Angels is a formal group of 100 former and current high tech executives and entrepreneurs who provide counsel and capital to startup companies.
- Foothills Angels
A group of successful entrepreneurs and business people, with investment interests including clean technology, software, internet and life science companies. The group meets once a month, with the exception of August and December.
- North Bay Angels
The North Bay Angels (NBA) has been formed by a group of San Francisco, North Bay Area executives and professionals to fill a growing need to provide a forum for learning about and making early stage investment capital (seed capital) and advisory assistance (mentoring) available to entrepreneurial companies in the North Bay.
- Sacramento Angels
The Sacramento Angels is a group of individuals who invest in early-stage Northern California companies. Members act on their own behalf and make individual investment decisions.
- Sierra Angels
The Sierra Angels is the premier angel investment group in the Northern Sierra region. Our members are independent business owners and senior corporate executives experienced in financing and developing emerging enterprises. We provide seed-stage investments in promising local technology ventures and support the entrepreneurs we fund with mentoring and connections.
- Tech Coast Angels
Our mission is to provide opportunities for our members to obtain outstanding financial returns by investing in early-stage technology and life science companies in Southern California and accelerating them to market leadership.
- Akers Capital
Akers Capital manages Pac West Technology Fund I, LP, an investment partnership that invests in emerging technology companies in the Northwest and Northern California.
- American River Ventures
American River Ventures (ARV) was created to bring entrepreneurs a new point of view — a point of view that will help you build a great business. We are an early-stage investment firm focused on bringing value and experience to high-growth information technology companies.
- DFJ Frontier
With offices in Sacramento and Santa Barbara, DFJ Frontier invests in seed and early stage technology companies in California. We are an affiliate of Draper Fisher Jurvetson, a premier Silicon Valley venture capital fund known for visionary early stage investing.
- Intel Capital
Intel Capital, Intel's strategic investment program, is one of the largest global corporate venture programs investing in the technology segment. Its mission is to make and manage financially attractive investments that support Intel's strategic objectives.
- Velocity Venture Capital
Velocity Venture Capital is the financial catalyst for building the next generation of successful technology companies in the Sacramento region.
SBIR/STTR Information Sources
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBIR Gateway
The most comprehensive and easy to use SBIR information site.
- National Technology Transfer Center
The National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC) is a full-service technology-management center.
- Fed World
Provides simple to navigate access to government information
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- University-Industry Demonstration Partnership
- Researcher Guidebook (2012) addresses the opportunities and challenges unique to institution and industry collaborations, specifically targeting active researchers (at all career stages) and includes intellectual property considerations. Part 1 is dedicated to the Institutional Researcher; Part 2 is dedicated to the Industrial Researcher. Together they create a strategic tool to promote greater understanding of the issues that face both parties in order to facilitate more effective collaborations for mutual benefit. Reading this guidebook should lead the researcher to ask the right questions, both of the organization and of the potential collaborator, to determine whether to proceed with a particular collaboration.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Comstock's Business Magazine
The voice of responsible business practices and quality of life in California's Capital Region, San Joaquin Valley and Northern Nevada.
- Prosper Magazine
Prosper is a Sacramento-based business magazine.
- Sacramento Bee
- Sacramento Business Journal
- Venture Capital Journal
News and analysis of the private equity markets.