There are various resources and funding opportunities available to support early career researchers. Many of the funding programs are only available to researchers at the assistant professor level, whereas others are also available to postdoctoral scholars and graduate students.
The Research Funding system is the resource for limited submissions and other research funding opportunities at UC Davis. UC Davis researchers may identify research funding opportunities and submit internal pre-proposals to limited submission and coordinated submission programs. The entire application, review and selection process is conducted online – including the receipt of peer review feedback.
Select the Junior Investigators search tag to filter the list to funding programs intended to support early career investigator research and/or career development.
The Funding Opportunities Program coordinator distributes funding opportunities aimed at supporting early career researcher research and information to aid in the funding search and research application process.
Pivot is a great tool for finding funding opportunities and potential collaborators both within and external to UC Davis. Pivot allows individuals to create unique funding searches, choose to receive weekly emails based upon those searches, track relevant opportunities, and view curated lists in addition to creating a funding search based on the account holder’s profile. Create your profile today to receive the full benefits of Pivot at no charge to you!
The Funding Opportunities program coordinator created the following advanced searches for the use of early career investigators on campus. Search results for the most recent week will display. Select “All” near the top of the page to view all results. You may save a search to your Pivot account to improve the relevance to your research.
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- Division of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Sciences (College of Letters and Science)
- Division of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (College of Letters and Science)
- Division of Social Sciences (College of Letters and Science)
- Graduate School of Management
- School of Education
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- National Endowment for Humanities (NEH) Grants Panel Session
- February 21, 2017 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Location TBD; for more info contact Bridget Gruber
- Resources for Early Career Development Awards
- Guides and checklists for preparing early career development proposals
- Templates and Samples
- The Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) unit has various templates and samples for preparing and writing a research grant. Some of these have been prepared by IRS and others by funding agencies.
- Grant Writing Newsletter
- Academic Research Funding Strategies, LLC publishes a monthly electronic newsletter for faculty on how to compete successfully for research and education funding from federal agencies and foundations. UC Davis has purchased a subscription with unlimited access for all UC Davis faculty, staff, and students.