What is a Limited Submission?
What is a Coordinated Submission?
What documents are required for submitting to Limited Submissions?
Each internal announcement indicates what documents are required for the relevant program announcement. All internal applications/pre-proposals require completion of the budget form in the Research Funding system unless otherwise noted. Internal announcements can be viewed and applied to in the Research Funding system by logging in with your campus Kerberos ID.
In general, the following are required for submitting to Limited Submissions:
- The completed budget form. This is required for all internal applications/pre-proposals unless otherwise noted in the individual announcement.
- A two-page (maximum) project description that adequately addresses the program goals and objectives.
- A four-page (maximum, each) CV for PI and all Co-PI’s, which contains a list of relevant research funding and publications and awards in the past five years.
Where can I find instructions on how to submit a pre-proposal to Limited Submissions?
Internal pre-proposals are submitted online via the Research Funding system. Full instructions for using the Research Funding system are available in the User Guide. [PDF]
Complete the following steps to submit an internal application for review:
- Log-in to https://researchfunding.ucdavis.edu with your campus Kerberos ID.
- Identify the funding opportunity to which you intend to apply. Note: The year filter is determined by the sponsor’s deadline. Choose 2014 for opportunities to which sponsor deadlines are in 2014.
- Select “Interested” to let the Limited Submissions Program know of your intent to apply.
- Select “Apply Now” and follow the prompts to submit your application. Note: You may save a draft to complete later.
- Select “Submit” once your application is complete.
How are programs determined to be a Limited Submission?
Whom do I contact if I have questions regarding Limited Submissions?
How are Limited Submission pre-proposals reviewed?
- The PI’s CV/qualifications in the specific area of research
- The quality of the project description
- The relevance or “match” between the proposed project and the program requirements
- The impact or “importance” of the proposed project
Any other factors relevant and appropriate to the funding program such as cultural competency; public outreach efforts; underrepresented groups/minorities; quality of the evaluation design; the comments from previous submissions to the same program – if applicable – and the current proposal’s responsiveness to those comments; the likelihood of success
Who serves as a Limited Submissions reviewer?
How do I sign up to receive weekly funding announcements?
You can subscribe to receive weekly email notifications using your UC Davis email account. Please subscribe by selecting the appropriate link below. You may be required to authenticate prior to subscribing to a list.
After your browser opens the page, click on the ‘Subscribe’ link at the top of the bottom box on the left of your screen.