Office of Research Funding Programs
- UC Davis Grand Challenges
- Office of Research Internal Funding Programs
- Science Translational & Innovative Research (STAIR) Grant
- UC Davis – Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Joint Mentorship Awards
Other UC Davis Funding Programs
- Academic Senate Research & Travel Grants
- Advising Services, Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Alzheimer’s Disease Center Pilot Research Grants
- California National Primate Research Center Pilot Research Program
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Institutional Research Grant Program
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Support Grant Developmental Awards
- Innovation Seed Fund
- Latino Aging Research Resource Center Pilot Grant Program
- NIEHS Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Pilot Project Program
- School of Medicine Bridge Funding Program
- Seed Grants for Outreach and International Activities
To Apply for Office of Research Internal Funding
- Review the program guidelines and note any additional required documents
- Complete the Internal Research Funding Programs Application Form [DOC]
- Submit Internal Research Funding Program form with required signatures of approval, and any additional required documents to ORBusiness@ucdavis.edu (by mail or delivery to: Office of Research, Attn: Business & Finance, 1850 Research Park Drive, Suite 300, Davis, CA 95618)
This program provides one-time funding to PI’s who have lost, or will lose their primary extramural funding. Funds ensure continuation of a research project for an interim period until extramural support can be reestablished. As of September 1, 2016, the PI Bridge Program are administered by the Office of Research, but bridge applications are processed and awarded by each school and college. Please contact your dean’s office (and department chair) to request bridge support.
School of Medicine PI’s, please review this document: SOM Bridge Funding Request Process
The Proposal Preparation and Matching Funds Program has four components.
- Equipment Match: Provides cost sharing or matching funds for equipment when required by an external sponsor
- Cost Sharing: Provides matching funds for proposals to government and not-for-profit organizations when required by the sponsor
- Multidisciplinary Proposal Support: Provides project development support (e.g. clerical, travel, supplies and expendables, or grant writing assistance)
- Basic Research Grants: Supports the development of new Organized Research Units (ORUs), Organized Research Programs (ORPs) or new research centers
Important Deadlines: Funding requests to support grant proposals or contracts must be provided to the Office of Research at least five (5) weeks prior to funding agency deadline if the funding request involves participation from three or more schools or colleges, or at least three (3) weeks prior to funding agency deadline if less than three schools or colleges are involved.
Any funding requests NOT submitted with in these time periods may not be considered for funding.
The Publications Assistance Fund assists ladder faculty, particularly those early in their career, with the publication of books or monographs and exhibition or performance of works of art representative of University of California standards. The intent of the fund is to defray certain costs that would not normally be covered by the publisher, thus enhancing the possibility of the work to be published. This program is co-sponsored by the Office of Research and the participating colleges and schools.