If you have received notice of a new award, congratulations! Please send the award notification to email@example.com. See the tabs below for additional information about setting up your new award.
The assigned Sponsored Programs analyst will review the research agreement to ensure that the terms and conditions of the agreement are acceptable under UC and UC Davis policies and regulations. Additionally, the analyst will identify any areas where there is a conflict with any UC policy including the 1999 UCOP policy Principles Regarding Rights to Future Research Results in University Agreements with External Parties. This policy establishes eight principles which must be addressed in university agreements with external parties:
- Open dissemination of research results and information
- Commitment to students
- Accessibility for research purposes
- Public benefit
- Informed participation
- Legal integrity and consistency
- Fair consideration for university research results
- Objective decision-making
The analyst will also review the project file for all necessary compliance documents which may be required by Federal or State law, UC or UC Davis policy, or Sponsor requirement. For a full list of items the analyst will be reviewing for in the award file, please see our Award Review Checklist.
With the exception of privately (i.e., for-profit entity)-funded clinical trials, all research agreements at UC Davis are reviewed, negotiated, and accepted on behalf of Regents by the Office of Research, Sponsored Programs. This includes grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, and other types of research agreements.
This is necessary to ensure that all research and other extramurally funded projects conducted by university employees, or with the use of university resources or facilities, are approved by the appropriate university contract and grant office and comply with relevant university policies and guidelines, including but not limited to those governing:
- Integrity in research;
- Appropriateness of the activity to the University;
- Protection of human and animal subjects and the environment;
- Use of University facilities;
- Adherence to personnel policies;
- Compensation plans;
- Intellectual property;
- Conflicts of interest;
- Recovery of full costs, direct and indirect (F&A); and
- Liability insurance and indemnification.
Below are helpful links to EFA resources:
- Effort Commitment & Cost Sharing
- Effort Reporting Help
- Financial Compliance Guidelines/Best Practices
- PI Ledger Review Report
- Award Management Overview (PDF)
- Establishing New Extramural Funded Accounts
- Log Into Effort Reporting System (ERS)
- New Award Checklist
- Reviewing FIS (KFS/DaFIS) Documents (PDF)