There are many resources available to researchers to aid in writing a research grant, including proposal development support, freelance editors, training, and agency specific grant and proposal guides.
Support Services and Resources
- Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS)
Office of Research unit that assists in the development, coordination, and submission of large interdisciplinary proposals. IRS offers grantsmanship training, workshops, and seminars periodically.
- Grant Coordinators’ Network
A network aimed at identifying, creating, and sustaining campus-wide support, resources, and networking tools for research development staff.
- Templates and Samples
The Interdisciplinary Research Support unit has various templates and samples for preparing and writing a research grant. Some of these have been prepared by IRS and others by funding agencies.
- Budget Templates
The Interdisciplinary Research Support unit has created budget templates for preparing a proposal budget.
- Research Development & Grant Writing Newsletter
Academic Research Funding Strategies, LLC publishes a monthly electronic newsletter for faculty on how to compete successfully for research and education funding from federal agencies and foundations. UC Davis has purchased a subscription to the newsletter with unlimited access to all faculty, staff, and students on our campus.
- Funding Opportunity Resources
The Interdisciplinary Research Support unit has compiled resources for creating a customized funding search using various online tools and tailored resources for early career researchers.
- Freelance editors
External editors who assist researchers with editing grant proposals and other materials.
Guides, Reports, and Tips
- NIH Rigor and Reproducibility
- NIH Forms, Applications and Instructions
- Grant Writing Tips Sheets
- All About Grants: Tutorials and Samples
- New Investigator Guide to NIH Funding
- Strengthen your research plan for a better score – Dos and Don’ts
Dallas Anderson, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Grant Writing Guidance and Tips
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- NRA or Cooperative Agreement Notice Proposers’ Guidebook
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Understanding, Managing, and Applying for EPA Grant
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Biweekly Grant Writing Office Hours will resume in fall quarter. If you have questions please email Interdisciplinary Research Support.