The UC Davis-HM.CLAUSE Life Science Innovation Center is a 3,100 square-foot, off campus facility that is administered and owned by HM.CLAUSE, a global leader in the production and sale of vegetable seeds. It is equipped with biochemistry, molecular biology and chemistry lab space, and also offers 1,800 ft² of contiguous greenhouse space.
As a business incubator, the center will provide the technical services and support needed in order to turn viable ideas into successful businesses. The shared goal of UC Davis and HM.CLAUSE is to create an environment that breeds innovation, fosters creativity and inspires synergy. As is common for incubators such as this, tenants are able to lease space for a maximum term of two years in order to allow others to benefit.
- 3,100 ft² lab/office and 1,800 ft² of greenhouse space
- 12 bench spaces
- Rent: $300/month
- Rent covers access to shared lab equipment & instrumentation, shared office space & use of conference room. Utilities and basic facilities maintenance are also included.
- Lease terms from 6 months to a maximum of 2 years
- Equipment list for the facility.
- Be an active participant in the Venture Catalyst START™ Program
- Adherence to the rules of occupancy, as specified in the lease agreement
- Maintenance of General Liability Insurance coverage with UC Davis and HM.CLAUSE
- In consideration for incubator services and subsidized access to lab facilities, a small equity stake shall be provided by tenants to benefit UC Davis and HM.CLAUSE
- Start-ups are selected and vetted by the University and approved by HM.CLAUSE
For more information on UC Davis Venture Catalyst including the DRIVE Program and the UC Davis – HM.CLAUSE Innovation Center, contact us by email at VentureCatalyst@ucdavis.edu or visit http://venturecatalyst.ucdavis.edu/DRIVE