Register now for the UC Davis Venture Catalyst Spring 2015 SBIR Workshop
Six 2-hour classes starting Monday, February 9th and concluding Monday, March 30th.
There are a limited number of seats, so please sign up as soon as possible by registering here on Eventbrite
(*must be completed by 2/08/15*)
Click here to register: http://Spring2015SBIR.eventbrite.com
This workshop is focused on hands-on assistance with preparing an SBIR/STTR grant application for the April 5, 2015 NIH SBIR deadline. This six-session workshop will take you through all the steps necessary to successfully file a well-written SBIR/STTR grant application for the April 5, 2015 NIH SBIR deadline. This course will focus on crafting a well-structured research plan, obtaining persuasive letters of support, crafting an efficient budget, and helping you anticipate reviewers’ comments. We will help you speed through the application instructions, saving you hours of time. The course culminates in a submission clinic that will ensure your application is correctly filed.
One or more team members from the company should be prepared to attend every session.
Remember to bring your laptop; these will be working sessions.
- Course includes:
- Four 2-hour working sessions, plus two 2-hour clinics
- Pre-submission review of specific aims by our course instructors
- Understanding the requirements of an SBIR grant application
- Preparing to apply for an SBIR grant (company formation, registration at all required websites, identifying the best PI)
- Assembling all the necessary parts of the application (letters of support, sub-contract quotes and letters, facilities to execute the grant, and research plan)
- Composing a competitive research plan
- Understanding and assembling a budget and justification
- Documentation required to use human samples, vertebrate animals, select agents, resources
- Composing competitive innovation and significance sections as well as specific aims
- Searching for program announcements and finding opportunities
- Assembling and filing (completing the SF424 form correctly and filing on time)
We are running this first course in collaboration with our colleagues at QB3 and while the standard rate for the entire 12-hour workshop is normally $250 per company, we are waiving this for UC Davis affiliated start-ups.
|2/9 (Mon)||1:00-3:00pm||InnovationAccess, Conf. Room 100, Davis, CA|
|2/23 (Mon)||1:00-3:00pm||InnovationAccess, Conf. Room 100, Davis, CA|
|3/4 Wed||1:00-3:00pm||InnovationAccess, Conf. Room 100, Davis, CA|
|3/16 (Mon)||1:00-3:00pm||InnovationAccess, Conf. Room 100, Davis, CA|
|3/25 Wed||1:00-3:00pm||InnovationAccess, Conf. Room 100, Davis, CA|
|3/30 (Mon)||1:00-3:00pm||InnovationAccess, Conf. Room 100, Davis, CA|
Shauna Farr-Jones, PhD, UCSF/QB3 grant writer
Steve Lockett, MBA, Associate Director, UC Davis Venture Catalyst
Gina Durante, MBA, Analyst, UC Davis Venture Catalyst
Zane Starkewolfe, PhD, Associate Director, UC Davis Venture Catalyst
UC Davis InnovationAccess
1850 Research Park Dr., Suite100
Davis, CA 95618