There are a number of extramural funding opportunities available for acquiring or developing research instrumentation:
- NIH Shared Instrumentation Grants (S10s) – Internal coordination process in April 2023; next sponsor deadline is June 01, 2023.
- USDA Equipment Grants – Internal competition anticipated in April 2023; next sponsor deadline anticipated in June 2023.
- Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP) – Not a limited submission; next sponsor deadline anticipated in May 2023.
- NSF Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) – Internal competition in July 2023; next sponsor deadline is November 15, 2023.
- NIMH Instrumentation Program (S10) – Not a limited submission; next sponsor deadline is October 10, 2023.
Please note that some of these opportunities are limited submissions. If you are interested in a limited submission opportunity, watch the campus InfoReady Review site and subscribe to the weekly Research Funding Update to find out specific competition deadlines and details. Additionally, there are campus resources available for developing instrumentation grant proposals. Review the materials available in the Research Development Toolbox. If you have instrumentation questions, please reach out to Isabelle Girard, Director of the Research Core Facilities Program (email@example.com).