Student Participation in On-Campus Research Sponsored by Industry
Undergraduate, graduate student, and postdoc participation in on-campus industry-sponsored research is encouraged as long as certain conditions are met, including the following:
- The participation furthers the student’s educational program.
- The student’s faculty adviser and the researcher directing the project do not have a significant financial interest in the company sponsoring the campus research project.
Industry Participation in On-Campus Educational Programs
Industrial representatives are encouraged to participate on campus in student and postdoctoral educational programs; for example, industrial scientists and engineers could
- Serve, when appropriate, as co-mentors with faculty mentors of graduate students and postdocs;
- Critique student papers or poster boards in student-sponsored research conferences;
- Offer a lecture in a course; or give a seminar.
When appropriate, industrial representatives may be appointed to the adjunct professor series in recognition of their educational activities at UC Davis.