Dr. Nancy E. Lane, Endowed Chair of Aging,
Director for the Center for Musculoskeletal Health (CMH)
Funds are available for pilot grants ranging up to $10,000 each to encourage the development of novel curriculum or exploratory interventions related to improving the care or well-being of elders. These grants are available for students, residents, post-doctoral scholars and faculty in the schools of UC Davis.
The criteria used for evaluating proposals will include:
- Relevance to aging
- Feasibility of completion with one year.
- The potential for impact as either pilot data to be used for larger grant proposals or directly from the proposed research to improve education or health care of the elderly population.
- Support a new direction of research for established investigators or clinicians.
- Emphasis on improving the health of the geriatric population
- Award funding can be used to complete the proposed projects.
Proposals are due September 8, 2017 and funding decisions will be made on October 2, 2017. Funding will begin by October 16, 2017. All projects must be completed and a progress report, and presentation of the study results by October 15, 2018.
How to apply:
- The principal investigator should include either a NIH Biosketch, CV or personal resume of themselves and other investigators that are critical to the mission of this proposal.
- Include all of the following (Application and Proposal) information in 11-point font or larger in no more than 4 pages.
Campus mailing code:
Program affiliated with:
Year in program
2. Objective(s) – as specific measurable outcomes
4. Evaluation – criteria for measuring success
5. Timeline – applicant may use a 4 column table as follows:
6. Budget & Justification
Detailed list of each expense item, brief rationale for need of each item. May also use a table as the example below:
All applications are due in electronic form by September 8, 2017 and forwarded to email@example.com. Applicants may submit a draft for review prior to the deadline before submitting the final proposal.
For additional information, please contact:
Nancy E. Lane, MD
Phone: (916) 734-0758 Fax: (916) 734-4773
Office: 4625 2nd Avenue, Suite 2000, Sacramento, California 95817