The Office of Research’s administrative units support office functions and provide the foundation for efficient administration of contracts and grants.
- Sponsored Programs
The Sponsored Programs Office assists the campus research community in its efforts to secure extramural funding while promoting proper stewardship of those funds.
- Institutional Review Board Administration
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administration is committed to following the federal regulations to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in research conducted under the auspices of the University of California, Davis (UCD).
- Research Compliance and Integrity
The of the Office of Research promotes integrity through education and training and by developing and implementing policies and procedures to assure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations regarding the responsible conduct of research.
The Office of Research’s service units propel the research enterprise at UC Davis to new levels.
- Interdisciplinary Research Support
The Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) unit coordinates the development and preparation of interdisciplinary research activities at UC Davis, and serves as a key partner to faculty in the pursuit of major collaborative research initiatives that take shape at the frontiers and intersections of academic disciplines.
UC Davis InnovationAccess is a catalyst for the creation of partnerships that advance, for public benefit, the dissemination, utilization, and commercialization of discoveries made in research at UC Davis.
- Venture Catalyst
UC Davis’ Venture Catalyst facilitates the translation of University research and technology by driving the development of new ventures.
The Office of Research promotes interdisciplinary research by overseeing organized research units, special research programs, and research instruments & central facilities.
- Organized Research Units and Special Research Programs Explore our unique network of eight Organized Research Units and seven Special Research Programs. These units and programs foster research that spans multiple disciplines, departments, and schools or colleges.
- Research Instruments and Central Facilities Discover how our Core Facilities provide access to shared resources, such as technologies, equipment, services, and expert consultation. These facilities typically operate on a fee-for-service or reimbursement basis, with the goal of supporting the research mission of the university.
Learn more about committees affiliated with research administration at UC Davis