The Interdisciplinary Research Support team coordinates and implements a variety of research development activities that enable faculty, researchers, and administrators to attract extramural research funding, create research relationships, and develop and implement strategies that increase the competitiveness of UC Davis.
- Coordinate large and complex grant and contract proposal efforts
- Facilitate partnerships among UC Davis investigators and connect proposal teams to collective research resources
- Guide the pursuit of new strategic research activities in response to the funding opportunity landscape and new research directions
- Provide timely notification of strategic funding opportunities
- Communicate with funding agencies to gather input and advice on developing proposals for specific programs and centers
- Coordinate with campus units (e.g., Federal Relations, Foundation Relations, Graduate Studies) to gain key insights on new research program development