The Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) unit coordinates the development and preparation of interdisciplinary research activities at UC Davis, and serves as a key partner to faculty in the pursuit of major collaborative research initiatives that take shape at the frontiers and intersections of academic disciplines.
- Coordinate large and complex grant and contract proposal efforts
- Facilitate partnerships among UC Davis investigators and connect proposal teams to collective research resources
- Guide the pursuit of new strategic research activities in response to the funding opportunity landscape and new research directions
- Provide timely notification of strategic funding opportunities
- Communicate with funding agencies to gather input and advice on developing proposals for specific programs and centers
- Coordinate with campus units (e.g., Federal Relations, Foundation Relations, Graduate Studies) to gain key insights on new research program development