The Office of Research’s administrative units support office functions and provide the foundation for efficient administration of contracts and grants.
- Sponsored Programs
The Sponsored Programs Office assists the campus research community in its efforts to secure extramural funding while promoting proper stewardship of those funds.
- Institutional Review Board Administration
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administration is committed to following the federal regulations to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in research conducted under the auspices of the University of California, Davis (UCD).
- Research Compliance and Integrity
The of the Office of Research promotes integrity through education and training and by developing and implementing policies and procedures to assure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations regarding the responsible conduct of research.
The Office of Research’s service units propel the research enterprise at UC Davis to new levels.
- Interdisciplinary Research Support
The Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) unit coordinates the development and preparation of interdisciplinary research activities at UC Davis, and serves as a key partner to faculty in the pursuit of major collaborative research initiatives that take shape at the frontiers and intersections of academic disciplines.
UC Davis InnovationAccess is a catalyst for the creation of partnerships that advance, for public benefit, the dissemination, utilization, and commercialization of discoveries made in research at UC Davis.
- Office of Corporate Relations
The UC Davis Office of Corporate Relations (OCR) serves as the front door to university resources for corporations and businesses.
- Venture Catalyst
UC Davis’ Venture Catalyst facilitates the translation of University research and technology by driving the development of new ventures.
The Office of Research promotes interdisciplinary research by overseeing organized research units, special research programs and research instruments & central facilities.
- Organized Research UnitsOrganzied Research Units include the Air Quality Research Center, Bodega Marine Laboratory, California National Primate Research Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, Crocker Nuclear Laboratory, Institute of Governmental Affairs, Institute of Transportation Studies, John Muir Institute of the Environment, and Programs in International and Community Nutrition.
- Special Research ProgramsSpecial Research Programs include the Biotechnology Program, Center for Advanced Laboratory Fusion Science and Engineering, Center for Biophotonics Science and Technology, Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society, Consortium for Women and Research, Energy Institute, and Policy Institute for Energy, Environment and the Economy.
- Research Instruments and Central FacilitiesResearch Instruments and Central Facilities include Campus Mass Spectrometry Facilities, the Controlled Environment Facility, the Interdisciplinary Center for Plasma Mass Spectrometry , McClellan Nuclear Research Center, and the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility.
Learn more about committees affiliated with research administration at UC Davis