Access the Applicable Forms for Research Activities at UC Davis:
- Animal Care & Use Forms
- Biological Safety/ Biohazard Use Forms
- Contract & Grant Administration Forms (Sponsored Programs)
- Export Control Forms
- Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Forms
- Human Anatomical Specimen and Tissue Form
- IRB Administration
- Intellectual Property Management Forms (InnovationAccess)
- Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) Assistance Form
- Requests for Office of Research Funding
- Stem Cell Research Forms
- Training & Education Form: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
For additional information contact the responsible OR unit.
Oversight of the use of infectious biological agents, recombinant DNA/RNA, and the propagation and release of recombinant organisms including plants, animals and microbial agents is the responsibility of UC Davis Safety Services.
- Sponsored Programs Data Sheet (PDF)
- Form 205A: Sample Cover Page (PDF)
- Use this cover page when agency/sponsor forms are not available
- Form 105-A: Request for Exception to Policy on Eligibility to Submit Proposals (PI Eligibility form) (PDF)
- Use this form to request an exception to the PI Eligibility policy.
- Form 230-06A: Advance Account Request (PDF)
- UCOP Guidance on Consulting with Industry (PDF)
- Senate Resolution 66 (PDF)
- Subrecipient Monitoring: Proposal Commitment Form (PDF)
- Use this form when UC Davis is giving a subaward to a non-FDP member institution (including international institutions). If you are unsure whether the institution you are working with is a member of the FDP, you can refer to the list located at http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/fdp/PGA_055518.
- If the subrecipient indicates on question #3 of the Proposal Commitment Form that they “have a PHS compliant Financial Conflict of Interest Policy in place and that each investigator has completed the required PHS FCOI training“, no additional paperwork is required. The subrecipient will be expected to rely on their own policy and report FCOIs to UC Davis in accordance with the PHS requirements.
- If the subrecipient indicates on question #9 of the Proposal Commitment form that they “will abide by UC Davis’s Individual Conflicts of Interest Involving Research Policy“, they must complete the PHS Financial Disclosure Form for Investigators from subrecipient entities that do not have a PHS-compliant conflict of interest policy in effect at time of PHS award application (PDF).
- UC Davis A-133 Audit information (PDF)
This form can be provided to a Sponsor when UC Davis is receiving a subaward, and the Sponsor needs UC Davis’ A-133 information, as well as UC Davis’ current financial information.
- Research Agreement Template for Projects Sponsored by For-Profit Entities (PDF)
- Attention Researchers Funded By PHS Or other Entities that have adopted PHS COI rules: Access to New Mandatory Online Disclosure Form for PHS Researchers: Click here (researchcoi.ucdavis.edu)
- Training Document for Subrecipients (PDF) (*to be used by Subrecipients only)
- State Disclosure:
** NOTE: You must complete the Supplemental Form (PDF) if you answer YES to any question on the 700-U Form. A “Positive Disclosure” cannot be reviewed without a completed Supplemental Form.**
- Non-PHS Federal Disclosure, including Non-PHS Funded Research involving Human Subjects:
** NOTE: You must complete the Supplemental Form (PDF) if you answer YES to the disclosure question on the Form 800. A “Positive Disclosure” cannot be reviewed without a completed Supplemental Form. **
The Research Compliance & Integrity unit provides administrative support to the Human Anatomical Specimen and Tissue Oversight Committee (HASTOC).
- An Anatomical Materials Request Application (AMRA) must be submitted to the Body Donation Program for review and approval in order to obtain an anatomical specimen. Please contact the Body Donation Program.
The IRB Administration provides administrative support on issues pertaining to human research protection and supports the UC Davis Institutional Review Board (IRB). UC Davis has adopted a Human Research Protection Program Plan that outlines our responsibility to the UC Davis research community. View our Standard Operating Procedures here.
The IRB has created an Investigator Manual that outlines the duties and responsibilities of investigators engaged in human subjects research at the University of California, Davis. The IRB highly recommends that all first time and current principal investigators to review and utilize this manual before and during their research. IRB Committee Members Public Roster (PDF)
- HRP-211 Application for Initial Review (11/26/13)
- HRP-212 Continuing Review Progress Report (02/03/15)
- HRP-214 Reportable New Information (08/13/14)
- HRP-226 Administrative Approvals (08/15/14)
- HRP-502 Consent Form (01/28/15)
- HRP-503 Protocol (01/28/15)
- Protocol Template: Research Involving Record/Data Review
- HRP-504 Letter – School Permission to Conduct Research (08/27/14)
- HRP-506 Consent Document – Emergency Use (08/15/14)
- HRP-507 Consent Document – Short Form (07/01/14)
IRB Administration Use
NOTE: Do not include worksheets and checklists in submissions to the IRB
- HRP-301 Review Materials
- HRP-302 Calculation of Approval Intervals
- HRP-303 Communication of Review Results
- HRP-304 IRB Composition
- HRP-305 Evaluation of Quorum and Expertise
- HRP-306 Drugs
- HRP-307 Devices
- HRP-308 Pre-Review
- HRP-310 Human Research Determination
- HRP-311 Engagement Determination
- HRP-312 Exemption Determination
- HRP-313 Eligibility for Review Using the Expedited Procedure
- HRP-314 Criteria for Approval and Additional Considerations
- HRP-315 Advertisements
- HRP-316 Payments
- HRP-317 Short Form of Consent Documentation
- HRP-318 Additional Federal Agency Criteria
- HRP-320 Scientific or Scholarly Review
- HRP-321 Review of Information Items
- HRP-322 Emergency Use
- HRP-323 Criteria for Approval and Additional Considerations HUD
- HRP-324 Contract Items Related to Human Subject Protections
- HRP-331 FERPA Compliance
- HRP-401 Pre-Review
- HRP-402 Non-Committee Review
- HRP-410 Waiver or Alteration of the Consent Process
- HRP-411 Waiver of Written Documentation of Consent
- HRP-412 Pregnant Women
- HRP-413 Non-Viable Neonates
- HRP-414 Neonates of Uncertain Viability
- HRP-415 Prisoners
- HRP-416 Children
- HRP-417 Cognitively Impaired Adults
- HRP-418 Non-Significant Risk Device
- HRP-419 Waiver of the Consent Process for Emergency Research
- HRP-430 Investigator Quality Improvement Assessment
- HRP-431 Minutes Quality Improvement Assessment
- HRP-441 HIPAA Waiver of Authorization
InnovationAccess provides administrative support on issues pertaining to intellectual property management.
- Invention Release to Inventor Form – samples only (Patent filed: ) (Patent not filed: PDF)
- Inventor/Author Statement Concerning Involvement in Licensing Decisions (Form TT-100) (to identify potential conflicts of interest they may have in negotiations to license their inventions from the University) (DOC | PDF)
- Material Transfer, Data Transfer or Confidentiality Agreement Request Form (DOC)
- Photocopier Copyright Notification Sign (DOC)
- Proposal to Distribute Copyright-Protected Work Created Under University Auspices (DOC | PDF)
- Record of Invention (ROI) Disclosure Form (DOC | PDF)
- ROI Additional Inventor Signature Page (DOC | PDF)
- UC Davis Exclusive Patent License – sample only (PDF)
- UC Davis Bilateral Confidentiality Agreement – sample only (PDF)
- UC Patent Acknowledgment (rev. 2/2011)
The Interdisciplinary Research Support unit coordinates the development and preparation of interdisciplinary research activities.
The Business & Finance unit administers Office of Research funding programs.
- Application to Conduct Human Stem Cell Research (DOC)
- Request for Protocol Amendment (PDF)
- Report of Unforeseen Issues Involving Research with Human Embryonic Stem Cells (DOC)
- Cover letter used to verify completion of the NIH-required tutorials by any member of the team with any responsibility for design, conduct or reporting of the results of the project. This form is required by NIH as a part of proposals. Please see details at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/not-od-00-039.html.