Quality and ethical research requires adherence to the highest standards of integrity in proposing, conducting and reporting research. Misconduct in research is a serious ethical and legal issue. To safeguard the public trust in university research, UC Davis has established a policy and process for promptly investigating allegations of research misconduct. The UC Davis policy on Integrity in Research, PPM 220-05 complies with federal law and applies to all allegations of research misconduct, regardless of funding source. Under federal law and our policy, research misconduct includes the “fabrication, falsification or plagiarism”in proposing, performing or reviewing research or in reporting research results.
The Research Compliance and Integrity Unit is responsible for evaluating and investigating all allegations of misconduct related to research at UC Davis. For further information about the research integrity policy and procedures, contact the .
At any time, an employee or individual may make a confidential telephone call to the Research Compliance Hotline (877-384-4272) or University of California Confidential Hotline (800-403-4744) .
- UC Davis Ethics & Compliance Program
- UCOP Whistleblower Poster
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Office of Research Integrity (ORI)
- “How to Blow the Whistle and Still Have a Career Afterwards“, by C.K. Gunsalas
- “Research Integrity: Making the Right Choices“, by Elisabeth Pain