Access the Applicable Forms for Research Activities at UC Davis:
- Animal Care & Use Forms
- Biological Safety/ Biohazard Use Forms
- Contract & Grant Administration Forms (Sponsored Programs)
- Export Control Forms
- Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Forms
- Human Anatomical Specimen and Tissue Form
- IRB Administration
- Intellectual Property Management Forms (InnovationAccess)
- Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS) Assistance Form
- Requests for Office of Research Funding
- Stem Cell Research Forms
- Training & Education Form: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
For additional information contact the responsible OR unit.
The Office of Research Animal Care Program is led by the Campus Attending Veterinarian and provides oversight for the use and care of animals in research at UC Davis.
Oversight of the use of infectious biological agents, recombinant DNA/RNA, and the propagation and release of recombinant organisms including plants, animals and microbial agents is the responsibility of UC Davis Safety Services.
Sponsored Programs provides administrative support on issues pertaining to contract and grant administration. Below are forms and templates to assist in the preparation of proposals and management of awards.
- Cayuse SP – Internal Processing Form – Select Cayuse SP
- Instructions (PDF)
- Cayuse SP – Role Delegation Authorization Form (PDF)
- Form 105: Request for Exception to Policy on Eligibility to Undertake Sponsored Research/Other Sponsored Activity (PDF)
- Form 205A: Sample Cover Page (PDF)
- Budget Templates
- Protocol Certification Form (PDF)
- Human Fetal Tissue (HFT) blank IRB approved Consent Form for NIH Funded Research (PDF)
- AB 20: Model Contract Language for Contracts with State of California Agencies
- FDP Subrecipient Pilot – Letter of Intent/Commitment Form (PDF)
- Use when UC Davis is the Subrecipient Organization
- Forms for (outgoing) Subawards (Visit the Subawards section for instructions)
- PI/Department Checklist (PDF)
- Subrecipient or Contractor (Vendor) Guidance (PDF)
- Subaward Request Form (PDF)
- Instruction for Completing the Subaward Request Form (PDF)
- Commitment Form(s)
- Sole Source Justification Form (PDF)
- Mini Audit Questionnaire (PDF)
- Financial Disclosure Form – Non PHS (PDF)
- PHS Financial Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Research Agreement Template for Projects Sponsored by For-Profit Entities (PDF)
The Conflict of Interest Committee (COIC), with support from the Research Compliance & Integrity (RCI) Unit, reviews investigator disclosures of outside financial interests, determines with the outside interest(s) constitute a real or apparent conflict of interest (financial conflicts of interest), and recommends to the Vice Chancellor of Research a plan to manage conflicts.
The Electronic Conflict of Interest (eCOI) system is for filing all financial disclosures: 700-U, Form 800, PHS Form, Supplemental Form. Paper forms will not be accepted.
Selecting the Correct Form
- 700-U: State of California form used to report outside Financial Interests when research is sponsored or supported by non-governmental entities (e.g. private entities).
- Do not submit this form if State of California has exempted the sponsor (please see list of exempt sponsors).
- Form 800: To report outside financial interests when research is sponsored by all governmental entities (e.g. NSF, CIRM) (except PHS) and all non-PHS funded human subject research.
- Supplemental Form: Required when a 700-U (if you answered yes to any question) or Form 800 (if you answered yes to the disclosure question) is “positive”.
- PHS Form: To report outside financial interests sponsored by PHS entities (e.g. NIH).
- Please see the list of sponsors that require compliance for PHS Regulations.
The Research Compliance & Integrity unit provides administrative support to the Human Anatomical Specimen and Tissue Oversight Committee (HASTOC).
- An Anatomical Materials Request Application (AMRA) must be submitted to the Body Donation Program for review and approval in order to obtain an anatomical specimen. Please contact the Body Donation Program.
InnovationAccess provides administrative support on issues pertaining to intellectual property management.
- Inventor/Author Statement Concerning Involvement in Licensing Decisions (Form TT-100) (to identify potential conflicts of interest they may have in negotiations to license their inventions from the University) (DOC | PDF)
- Material Transfer, Data Transfer or Confidentiality Agreement Request Portal
- Photocopier Copyright Notification Sign (DOC)
- Proposal to Distribute Copyright-Protected Work Created Under University Auspices (DOC | PDF)
- Record of Invention (ROI) Portal
- UC Davis Bilateral Confidentiality Agreement – sample only (PDF)
- UC Patent Acknowledgment (rev. 2/2011)
The Interdisciplinary Research Support unit coordinates the development and preparation of interdisciplinary research activities.
The Business & Finance unit administers Office of Research funding programs.
- Application to Conduct Human Stem Cell Research (DOC)
- Request for Protocol Amendment (PDF)
- Report of Unforeseen Issues Involving Research with Human Embryonic Stem Cells (DOC)
- Cover letter used to verify completion of the NIH-required tutorials by any member of the team with any responsibility for design, conduct or reporting of the results of the project. This form is required by NIH as a part of proposals. Please see details at: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/peer/guidelines_general/Guidelines_for_the_Review_of_the_Human_Subjects.pdf.