As the COVID-19 outbreak expands and the impact evolves, the Office of Research continues to work closely with the UC Davis leadership team, the University of California Office of the President and colleagues from other UC campuses to establish guidance specific to research operations. This guidance is intended to help the campus research community limit the impact and potential risk associated with COVID-19.
With the ongoing concern about the spread of this disease, laboratories, and research facilities should plan for the possibility of a significant disruption to routine operations. Each laboratory or research facility is best positioned to create a continuity plan that will meet their unique needs. This guidance is provided to facilitate the development of your plan.
Our office will continue to update this page as new information becomes available, however, we encourage you to also visit the UC Davis Coronavirus website for the latest news and information from the campus.
Campus Directives Related to Research
6/1/2020: Call to Enter Phase 2 of the On-Campus Research Ramp-Up Plan
5/7/2020: Call to Ramp Up Select Research Activities (Phase 1x effective 5/11/2020)
4/23/2020: Guidelines for Ramping Up On-Campus Research
3/17/2020: Call to Ramp Down On-Campus Research
Planning/Actions for PIs and researchers
- Immediate Actions to Avoid/Reduce Transmission
- Recommended Planning and Preparations for PIs
- Definition of Critical Research
- View Guidelines for Ramping Up On-Campus Research (updated April 23, 2020)
Operations Supporting Research
- Animal Care for Teaching and Research
- Guidance Related to Active Studies Involving Human Subjects
- Office of Research Operations During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Proposals and Awards
Guidance from agencies and institutions
New Research and Technology Development Targeting COVID-19
- Funding Opportunities Related to COVID-19
- Research working group for COVID-19
- Guidance on submitting proposals related to COVID-19
- Support for UC startups and technology development addressing COVID-19
COVID-19 Research Working Group
The Office of Research has organized a research working group on COVID-19 in effort to bring together researchers from all disciplines interested in working toward solutions to this ever-present health crisis. Through the group’s website, you can easily connect with other researchers and efforts, find a listing of campus resources, discover funding opportunities and stay abreast of the latest news regarding UC Davis’ contributions to COVID-19 research.