The Sponsored Programs Office remains operational and continues to process proposals and manage awards. Proposals, awards and outgoing subawards related to COVID-19 are being prioritized.
To ensure COVID-19 related actions get prioritized, please ensure the following:
- Proposals: The PI must submit projects using Cayuse, include “COVID-19” in the project title, provide budget/budget justification and certify the proposal in Cayuse. PI’s should also send an email to email@example.com identifying the proposal as addressing COVID-19.
- Awards/Award Agreements: SPO will prioritize negotiation of COVID-19 awards if we are on notice that the award is for COVID-19. Health System Contracts will negotiate/process industry sponsored human clinical trials. SPO will review/negotiate all other clinical trials, including award coming from industry sponsors using federal funds. PI’s should also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying the proposal as addressing COVID-19.
- Outgoing subawards: “COVID-19” should be in the title of the project.
Agency specific updated on submission deadlines:
- NIH released a notice that for all proposals with March and April deadlines may be submitted any time through May 1
- NSF published a list of funding opportunities for which they have extended the deadline
- USDA describes their deadline extensions here
- DOE guidance on submission deadlines can be found here
- The Department of Defense recommends speaking directly to program officers to request an extension, or check FOA amendments for agency-issued extensions