updated May 11, 2020
Office of Research Request for Authorization to Utilize Core Facilities During Campus “Shelter-in-Place” Phases (NOT CURRENT from May 11, 2020 – campus is currently in Phase 1X).
Core Facility Ramp-up Process 20200424 (NOT CURRENT)
Core Facility Ramp-up Request Form 20200424 (NOT CURRENT)
Check current Campus Research Core Facilities status during Covid-19.
- To provide a process by which Campus Research Core Facilities (CRCF) could ramp-up services and respond to UCD researcher requests to support critical research under the various phases of operations during the gradual return of research activity while maintaining public health requirements.
- Physical safety and mental health of UCD staff and faculty are of utmost importance. This guidance does not infer that UCD Aggies should be required to return to the workplace if they are in a high-risk group or uncomfortable in doing so.
- This guidance does not supersede unit-level or college-level guidance.
- The CRCF outlines its COVID-19 management plan including relevant Standard Operating Protocols (SOP), posted instructions to researchers, and other communications using OR guidance and submits it to RCFP for review. These SOPs should be fully vetted by each facility’s Facility Advisory Committee (FAC).
- A “CRCF Project Request Form” to use a Campus Research Core Facility is submitted to the facility director for consideration. Core Facility Ramp-up Request Form 20200424
- Faculty director/Technical director reviews for feasibility in compliance with their Covid-19 mangement SOP and campus guidelines. The FAC may be consulted, if appropriate.
- If approved, the CRCF Project Request Form is sent to the CRCF governing unit.
- That unit will review and provide notification of approval/denial to the CRCF and the PI.
For more information:
Julie Auger, RCFP Executive Director
Isabelle Girard, RCFP Program Manager
Klaus van Benthem, RCFP Faculty Director