The following materials have been developed to assist with the processing of research awards.
- How do I submit No Cost Extensions for existing awards? Because department and or dean approval is not necessary for No Cost Extensions, email the request to email@example.com with the relevant documentation and noting the Cayuse SP number or historical SPO number. Do not submit a new Internal Processing Form.
- How do I submit an After the Fact proposal for which I have received a Notice of Award? Submit the After the Fact proposal by creating a new Proposal in SP and following the modified instructions found in the Cayuse SP Handbook for PIs, Department C&G Staff and Approvers.
- Why are awards that were executed in July 2017 not displaying in My Awards or Awards in My Unit? All awards that were worked on by Sponsored Programs on or after July 1, 2017 are displaying in SP. However, this does not mean that all awards executed on or after July 1, 2017 are included in SP. If an award was fully executed in July 2017, but all work was by Sponsored Programs was conducted before July 1st that awards will not be included in SP.
- How are new accounts established for funded awards? Contracts and Grants Accounting (CGA) establishes new accounts. CGA is notified via a feed at 4:00 am each business day of awards made Active the prior business day.
- How do I change the Department Admin listed for an Award or on a Project in Cayuse SP? Complete the Cayuse Administrator Update Request and email it to ORCayuseHelp@ucdavis.edu. Changes will be made quarterly.
- What Proposal Type should I choose? View our Actions and Proposal Types table to determine the correct proposal type of a specific action
- Quick Reference: Accessing Awards – 1-page document with Cayuse SP screenshots to aid with accessing awards
- Understanding the Awards Process Handbook – Comprehensive 17-page document on the awards process at UC Davis
Brief YouTube “How To…” videos:
Note: if a video doesn’t start on the first try, refresh the video and it should then work.
- New Award Set-up in Cayuse SP (length: 0:20)
- Access Award Documents (length: 0:26)
- Check Award Status and SPO Analyst Assignment (length: 3:08)
- Request an Award Modification (length: 1:38)
- Understanding the Awards Process (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse) – This UC Learning Center class covers the steps undertaken at UC Davis when a sponsor elects to fund a proposal and your unit’s part in the review, negotiation, and award acceptance process. The course takes approximately 50 minutes to complete. Prerequisite–Recommended: Sponsored Programs Essentials (eCourse)
- “Unlocked” Understanding the Awards Process eCourse – this version will not earn you course credit but allows you to navigate to any section (using the menu on left) to find information you seek.
- Cayuse SP: Awards and Post-Award Actions (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse) – This UC Learning Center class provides an overview of awards and post-award actions routed through the Sponsored Programs Office, with a focus on the use of the Cayuse SP system for shared document access and internal routing for approvals. The course covers roles and responsibilities related to awards, how awards are created and accessed in Cayuse SP, and the following post-award actions: after-the-fact awards, progress reports to sponsors, award amendments, and advance accounts (pre‐award spending). The eCourse takes approximately 40 minutes to complete. Prerequisites–Recommended: 1. electronic Research Administration (eRA) (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse) and 2. Understanding the Awards Process (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse)
- “Unlocked” Cayuse SP: Awards and Post-Award Actions eCourse – this version will not earn you course credit but allows you to navigate to any section (using the menu on left) to find information you seek.
- Cayuse SP – Submitting After-the-Fact (ATF) Awards – SPO Training Video (YouTube) on submitting AFT awards in Cayuse SP (length: 44:40)
- ATF Presentation – Slide deck for SPO Training Video: Cayuse SP – Submitting After-the-Fact (ATF) Awards
- Activity 4 materials for Cayuse SP training on Submitting ATF Awards – Activity materials for SPO Training Video: Cayuse SP – Submitting ATF Awards
- Handbook for Department Contract & Grant Staff, Principal Investigators and Approvers – document referenced in presentation: 70-page step-by-step instructions with screenshots on all aspects of Cayuse SP usage
- Carryforward and No-Cost-Extension Requests presentation – 2-pages of presentation slides (no video recording at this time)