The COIR (Conflict of Interest for Researchers Briefing) training was updated in 2016 which continues to encompass PHS training. Any investigator who completes the COIR training will fulfill the NIH (PHS) mandatory training, which is required every 4 years.
Access to Mandatory Training for PHS Researchers:
Log in to the UC Learning Center using your UCD LoginID and Kerberos password.
- Search for keyword “COIR” in the UC Learning Center search bar on the left of your screen.
- Select the Conflict of Interest class, and click “Start.” The online course will then launch.
Students and Affiliates: You will need to contact SDPS (email@example.com) to create an LMS user account to access the PHS-COI or COIR training module.
Training Document for Subrecipients (PDF) (*to be used by Subrecipients only): https://research.ucdavis.edu/wp-content/uploads/COI-PHS-Training-8-2012.pdf
NIH Grants Policy Statement
4.1.10 Financial Conflict of Interest
The Institution will require each Investigator (including subrecipient Investigators, if applicable) to complete training prior to engaging in NIH-supported research and at least every four years, and immediately under the designated circumstances:
- Institutional FCOI policies change in a manner that affects Investigator requirements
- An Investigator is new to an Institution
- An Institution finds an Investigator noncompliant with the Institution’s FCOI policy or management plan.