The following materials have been developed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the contracts and grants side of research administration at UC Davis.
- Sponsored Programs Essentials (Instructor-Led Training or e-Course)
This class provides an introduction to the services provided by the Sponsored Programs Office and provides a comprehensive look at its Pre-Award, Award, and Post-award functions.
- UC Davis Contracting Offices – Matrix with general overview of the responsibilities of each campus contracting office.
- eRA Train the Trainer Certificate Series – UC Learning Center course series: Those completing this certificate will not only have a broad base of knowledge regarding the eRA systems used at UC Davis but will also be an invaluable resource in their units. These classes can be taken individually or as a series.
- Electronic Research Administration (eRA) – UC Learning Center Instructor-Led Training: This is an overview of the electronic research administration systems that are available for submitting research proposals.
- Cayuse SP and 424: Role Management, 424 Professional Profiles and Routing – UC Learning Center Instructor-Led Training: This class provides training on the functions and responsibilities of Role Managers as well as the various roles and instructions on establishing roles (i.e., granting permissions) for their units.
- Cayuse SP: Working with SPO on Awards and Pre‐Award Spending Requests – UC Learning Center Instructor-Led Training: This class provides an overview of the Sponsored Programs Awards and Pre‐Award Spending processes in Cayuse SP, followed by detailed instruction on department and PI responsibilities.
- Cayuse SP and 424: Working with SPO on Subawards (Outgoing/Incoming) – UC Learning Center Instructor-Led Training: This class provides an overview of the Sponsored Programs process for reviewing proposals submitted with sub-awards and those submitted with UC Davis as the sub-awardee institution.
- Research Administration Certificate Series – UC Learning Center course series: Provides UC Davis research administrators with a basic foundation for the administration of sponsored programs.