The following materials have been developed to assist with submitting proposals with (outgoing) subawards or as an (incoming) subawardee institution.
- How do I submit a proposal with outgoing subawards? Please see the guidance in the Handbook for Submitting a Proposal with Subawards and on the SPO YouTube Channel.
- Has the Subaward area on the data sheet been replaced? Yes, this will be located in the Proposal Subrecipients tab.
- What do I do if the Subcontractor is not listed on the Subcontractor list? Select Miscellaneous Sponsors from the Subcontractor list and type the Subcontractor’s name and contact information in Submission Notes. If you are also using Cayuse 424, ensure the subcontractor is listed as an institution in Cayuse 424. Instructions are available in the Handbook for Submitting a Proposal with Subawards. Email ORCayuseHelp@ucdavis.edu if the institution is not in Cayuse 424.
- How do I submit a proposal as a Subaward institution (when UC Davis is the subawardee)? Submit the proposal as usual in Cayuse SP. The Sponsor should be listed as the institution to which UC Davis is submitting (the prime applicant). The Prime Sponsor should be listed as the sponsor to which the prime applicant is submitting. Instructions are available in the Handbook for Submitting a Proposal as a Subawardee Institution.
- How do I access an outgoing Subaward in Cayuse SP? Users listed as Personnel for the associated Award(s) and those with Award Data Access for the relevant Administering Unit have access to view any Subawards associated with the Project. To view the Subaward, go to the Cayuse SP Project and then the Subcontracts tab. Detailed instructions are available in the Handbook for Accessing Subawards, Handbook for Department Contract & Grant Staff, Principal Investigators and Approvers and SP Training Videos on the SPO YouTube page.
- Subaward Processing Checklist – 1-page with checklists to aid PIs/Dept. Admins in preparing subawards
- Handbook for Accessing Subawards – 3-page step-by-step instructions with Cayuse SP screenshots to access subawards
- Handbook for Submitting a Proposal with (outgoing) Subawards – 18-page step-by-step instructions with Cayuse SP and 424 screenshots to submit a proposal with subawards
- Handbook for Submitting a Proposal as a Subawardee Institution (incoming subawards) – 7-page step-by-step instructions with Cayuse SP and 424 screenshots to submitt a proposal as a subawardee institution
- Table: Subrecipient, Contractor/Vendor, Consultant? – 1-page table to help distinguish between subrecipient, contractor/vendor or consultant
- Subaward or Contractor/Vendor Guidance: How to distinguish between a Subaward and a Contract for Service – 2-page document to help distinguish between a subaward and a contract for services
- Research Development Toolbox – Kerberos-protected Box folder with extensive materials developed by UC Davis Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRS). Note the following subaward-specific materials in the Budget and Research Admin Resources folder:
Brief YouTube “How To…” videos:
Note: if a video doesn’t start on the first try, refresh the video and it should then work.
- Initiate an Outgoing Subaward (length: 0:32)
- Submit a Proposal with Subaward (length: 3:08)
- Check Outgoing Subaward Status and SPO Analyst Assignment (length: 1:31)
- View Subaward Documents/Attachments (length: 0:44)
- Processing Subawards (Cayuse) (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse) – UC Learning Center course that provides guidance on preparing and submitting proposals in which UC Davis is a subrecipient institution (incoming subawards) as well as proposals that include subawards to other institutions (outgoing subawards). It covers Principal Investigator and departmental responsibilities as well as use of the Cayuse SP and 424 electronic Research Administration systems for subawards. The course takes approximately 50 minutes to complete. Prerequisites–Recommended: 1. Proposal Preparation and Submission (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse) and 2. Understanding the Awards Process (Instructor-Led Training or eCourse)
- “Unlocked” Processing Subawards (Cayuse) eCourse – this version will not earn you course credit but allows you to navigate to any section (using the menu on left) to find information you seek.
- Cayuse SP & 424 – Submitting a Proposal with (outgoing) Subawards – 45-page slide presentation for SPO Training: Cayuse SP & 424 – Submitting a Proposal with (outgoing) Subawards (no video recording at this time)
- Proposals with an Outgoing Subaward Script – 5-page task script for SPO Training: Cayuse SP & 424 – Submitting a Proposal with (outgoing) Subawards
- Cayuse SP & 424: Submitting a Proposal as a Subawardee – 25-page slide presentation for SPO Training: Cayuse SP & 424: Submitting a Proposal as a Subawardee (no video recording at this time)
- Workbook: Submitting a Proposal as a Subawardee – 17-page class workbook for SPO Training: Cayuse SP & 424: Submitting a Proposal as a Subawardee